Ride Mechanic (Full-Time)
Job Category: Maintenance
Requisition Number: RIDEM007376
Posted: March 12, 2022
Closed: June 23, 2022
Vallejo, CA, USA
NEW, HIGHER WAGES! NOW STARTING AT $30 PER HOUR!
What's in it for you?
- Full-Time, Hourly overtime eligible position and you get paid weekly!
- Eligibility for our bonus incentive plan including cash bonus and restricted stock units
- Benefit options include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance, and Group Auto and Home
- Retirement Benefits Include: 401k, Roth 401k, Stock Purchase Program, and Stock Options
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D is covered at 100%
- Education assistance available for continuing education
- Exclusive Employee Perks Including a Diamond Elite Membership to all Six Flags Parks
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, erect, repair, and troubleshoot rides and attractions following Manufacturer and Engineering specifications to ensure their safe and efficient operation with minimum supervision.
- Perform daily inspections, maintenance, and repair of rides and attractions for safe operation utilities in the assigned area and notify management and or Engineering of any hazards, defects, and ride or guest related problems that may endanger the guest, staff and the general public.
- Maintain OSHA Safety Standards, ride manufacturers, and Safety policies and procedures of Six Flags.
- Conduct winterization and winter maintenance of ride units and stations in assigned area.
- Ensure that all rides are clean and visually in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, and the expectations of our guests and management team.
- Keep all records and documentation updated daily, accessible and organized.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have 1-2 years of related experience and be able to work well in team environment.
- Must have tools and equipment to perform required duties and skills as defined above.
- Possess skills and proficient knowledge in four or more trades, from the following: mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, automotive, and/or welding/fabricate on and small engine repair.
- Will be required to work various shifts as project and park needs dictate, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to troubleshoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of guests, co-workers, and park management in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license and be able to operate vehicles (including but not limited to forklifts, golf carts, cars, trucks).
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear, smell, and may frequently lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus required. Normal to average corrective hearing.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the primary job duties, including climbing and working at heights up to and in excess of 150ft. Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures. Must possess the physical dexterity to operate hand tools and motor vehicles.
- Must possess strong safety sensitivity & ability to work with many different types of devices.
Safety Sensitive Position
If you are able to answer “YES” to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking “Apply”
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.